Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor This book really surprised me...I'm usually not into so much fantasy, angels and monsters and magic and such...but I am in love with these books! I sped through the first two and am reading the third now. I was curious because of all the great reviews, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this book!

The character development is great! The book is very well-written! This book got me hooked and I couldn't stop until I figured out what happened at the end of the third book!

I love Karou! Too many YA books stAAar the heroine who is love-struck and spends half the book having a pity party about how she cannot be with her love...even is she just met the guy a couple of weeks (sometimes even days before), it's always "instalove" and she can do nothing without him. Karou is independent, smart and can do anything without a boy to back her up!

Karou is strong, but when the portals burned she lost the only family she every knew. Even the strongest would have to grieve. However, Karou does not sulk in her apartment for weeks, she devises a plan to travel the world and steal wishes from some of the most dangerous people Brimstone traded with

I love Zuzana! She is exactly what Karou needs to keep her connected to the human world.

I cannot get over how good this book was! I read this one in a day, and only waited until the next day to start the next book, because my bf decided that I needed him to be the voice of reason and remind me that I needed to get some sleep if I was going to go to work the next day.

Those are the books I love...the ones that get me so enthralled that I must be reminded to perform necessary human functions, such as sleeping or eating. LOL I'm glad that my bf is willing to be the voice of reason when I need to sleep or bring me food if I will not put my book down.